WORLD › NEWS
Bangladesh Condemns Israel's Attacks On Gaza
The cabinet called upon the international community to pressure Israel to halt air strikes in Gaza and intervene to protect civilians during a regular meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday.
"Israel's attacks are unwanted and disgraceful; the killing of innocent people is a clear violation of human rights," Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan told journalists after the meeting.
Former prime minister Khaleda Zia had earlier said that peace would not be restored in the Middle East "if Israel held on to its aggressive attitude".
Zia urged for international pressure including from the United Nations calling on Israel to end attacks on Palestinians in Gaza.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution