WORLD › NEWS
14 Iranian Companies Taken Off Sanctions List Since Last August
The companies included Moallem Insurance Co, Iran Insurance Co, Mellat Bank, Sina Bank, Exports Development Bank, Post Bank, Refah Kargaran Bank and Persia International Bank.
The United Nations has also revoked sanctions against the National Iranian Oil Co, the Iranian Offshore Engineering and Construction Co, the North Drilling Co, and the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL).
Private power firm Fulmen Co and Sharif University of Technology were other entities taken off the sanctions list.
On Nov 24, 2013, Iran and the P5+1 group reached an interim agreement which consists of a short-term freeze of parts of Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for decreased economic sanctions on the republic.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- LPI Capital's Pre-Tax Profit For Q2 Up 9.8 Per Cent To RM68.55 Million- business
- Malaysian Gymnasts Clinch Bronze Medal In Team Event- sports
- Turn To Homecooked Meals To Cut Cost-Chefs- features
- Kenyan Social Security Fund Grows Assets 22 Per Cent, Paying Contributors 12.5 Per Cent Interest- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution