WORLD › NEWS
Chinese Residents Lodge US$59-Million Suit Against Japan For War Reparations
Tong Zeng, chairman of a Chinese Association in charge of the case, said some 1,200 residents are preparing to lodge the suit over the former Japanese military's murder of villagers in the province in 1941.
About 30 of the residents including bereaved family members of those killed plan to join a group of plaintiffs as representatives in the initial stage.
The suit will be filed with a court in Hebei province but the date is yet to be determined.
In March, a court in Beijing accepted a suit filed against two Japanese companies for forced wartime labour.
Moves to lodge similar suits are spreading in the country.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Abdul Hadi Wants Abdul Khalid To Continue As Menteri Besar - politic
- Malaysia's Unemployment Rate Remains Unchanged At 2.9 Per Cent For May- business
- Malaysian Gymnasts Clinch Bronze Medal In Team Event- sports
- MH17: Learning The Ukraine Conflict- features
- IMF Trims Philippines' Growth Forecast To 6.2 Percent- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution