WORLD › NEWS
Thailand Reports Over 11,880 Dengue Cases This Year
Public Health permanent secretary Dr Narong Sahametapat said that of the total, 13 people aged between 15 and 24 have died from dengue fever from Jan 1 to July 8.
However, the number of patients reported so far this year was 80 per cent lower compared to the same period in 2013.
Public health officials throughout the country have been warned to remain on high alert against the spread of dengue especially during the current rainy season.
Hospitals, schools and households have been advised to get rid of mosquito larvae to prevent the outbreak of the disease.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Kenanga Research Maintains 'Outperform' Call On Westports- business
- Muhammad Firdaus Discharged From Hospital Today- sports
- MH17, Najib's Finest Hour In Face Of Adversity- features
- Nigerian President Condemns Kaduna Twin Blasts- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution