WORLD › NEWS
Myanmar Opens Emergency Monitoring Centre In Riot-hit Mandalay
The Mandalay Region Information and Public Relations said the centre in the country's second city will operate 24 hours and coordinate with relevant authorities to carry out emergency tasks in the event of a riot.
Clashes broke out in Mandalay on July 1 over an alleged rape case in which two people died and 17 others were injured.
Sixteen people have been charged in connection with the violence and all seven townships in the city have been placed under curfew since July 3.
A total of 346 people were arrested and charged for violation of curfew order with 145 released and the rest in custody.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution