WORLD › NEWS
UNHCR Starts Delivery Of Core Relief Items In Northeastern Syria
The first round of delivery was airlifted Wednesday from Damascus to the city of Qamishli as part of an operation involving 11 continuous rotations.
Wednesday's shipment carried 22 tonnes of non-food relief supplies provided by the World Food Programme.
The shipment consists of kitchen utensils, cleaning materials, blankets, summer clothes, floor mats, insulators and water containers.
Since the beginning of 2014, the UNHCR has delivered core relief items to more than 2.5 million internally displaced people (IDPs) in 13 out of Syria's 14 governorates.
The UNHCR currently has nearly 425 staff in Syria working in seven offices across the country to deal with some 6.5 million IDPs and 34,000 refugees.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Puteri UMNO Confident Of Drawing Support Of Young Non-Malays- politic
- Bank Negara' International Reserves At RM423.8 Billion- business
- Terengganu Sukma Athletes Receive Incentives Totalling RM1.58 Million- sports
- Designer Handbags Make Great Investment Pieces- features
- Philippines' Population Expected To Hit 100th Million On July 27- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution