WORLD › NEWS
Vietnam Opens First Centre For Surgical Robots
The centre, the first of its kind in Vietnam, is expected to perform operations for 100 cases from now to the end of 2014.
Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Health Minister, Nguyen Viet Tien, confirmed that the hospital's surgeons can now use robots in endoscopic surgeries proficiently after being trained in the Philippines, Singapore and South Korea.
The robots have highly flexible arms that can rotate 360 degrees and manoeuvre into inaccessible positions with unrivalled precision compared to conventional surgeries.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Wanita Umno Expands People's Connect Programme To Help Win Votes In Kajang- politic
- Destini Acquires Samudra Oil For RM80 Million- business
- AFC Cup: Selangor Only Secure A Point Against Maziya- sports
- CAN YOU DEPEND ON YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR GOLDEN YEARS?- features
- Opposition Party Wants South African Govt To Clarify Row With Rwanda- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution