WORLD › NEWS
India, Israel Sign Pacts On Security Cooperation
The agreements relate to legal assistance in criminal matters, protection of classified material and cooperation in homeland and public security, Press Trust of India (PTI) reported.
The agreements were signed by Additional Secretary in the Home Ministry Rajiv Sharma, Israel's Ambassador to India Alon Ushpiz and Ministry of Defence's Director Amir Kain.
"Israel views these agreements as a part of the ongoing efforts by both countries in the war against terror based on a mutual determination to protect our citizens, assets and interests," the Israel embassy said in a statement.
India and Israel signed the Extradition Treaty and Agreement for Transfer of Sentenced Persons in 2012.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- Victory A Tonic For T-Team In Coming Matches - Azraai- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution