WORLD › NEWS
China Cinemas Suspended Over Box Office Fraud
Six cinemas in eastern Shandong province and northern Shanxi are banned until they rectify their practice and another three are banned for one month, the China Film Producers' Association and China Film Distribution and Screening Association said in a statement Wednesday.
All the cinemas were found to have reported fake box office figures to authorities, sold hand written tickets or hindered official box office inspections.
The cinemas were attempting to avoid sharing box office earnings with filmmakers and other relevant parties, the statement said.
China's total box office sales stood at 21.8 billion yuan (US$3.56 billion) last year, a year-on-year increase of 54.3 percent.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- FGV To Set Up Rubber Processing Plant In Myanmar- business
- Kelantan Beat Lions XII To Top Super League Table- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution