WORLD › NEWS
President Mugabe Returns Home From COMESA Summit
Mugabe was met at the Harare International Airport by Vice President Joyce Mujuru, Defence Minister Sydney Sekeramayi and other senior government officials, Zimbabwea's news agency New Ziana reported.
The president had returned earlier to attend his daughter's wedding due to take place on Saturday.
"We came back early. We have a wedding on Saturday so we said we should come," he said.
Mugabe told journalists at the airport that the summit discussed various issues including tourism, agriculture and beneficiation of natural resources.
The summit themed "Consolidating Intra-Comesa Trade and Through Micro-Small and Medium Enterprise Development" was held from Feb 26 to 27.
Nineteen leaders from member states attended the summit to deliberate on issues affecting development of the African continent.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution