WORLD › NEWS
Cambodia Dispatches Troops To Mali For Peacekeeping Mission
Prak Sokhonn, chairman of the National Coordination Committee of UN Peacekeeping Operation, said this was the first time that Cambodia had sent peacekeepers to Mali.
One group will be responsible for airport repairs and maintenance at Tessalit and Kidal airports in northern Mali, while a second group is in charge of explosive ordnance disposal at Gao region in the country's northeast.
"Our forces will work with peacekeepers from China and other countries of African Union in Mali," Sokhonn said.
Claire Van der Vaeren, resident coordinator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to Cambodia, hailed Cambodia for providing assistance to conflict-ridden countries.
Mali was plunged into turmoil after a March 2012 coup led to a rebel takeover of large swathes of the country.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution