WORLD › NEWS
China's Regional Jets Suspend Service After Malfunction Scare
A passenger jet bound for northeast Liaoning province capital Shenyang reported a landing gear failure on Tuesday before landing safely after hovering over Shenyang Airport for hours, Xinhua news agency reported.
The Xinzhou-60 jet carrying 38 passengers was operated by privately owned budget airline Okay Airways Co. Ltd. headquartered in Beijing.
An initial investigation revealed the jet's landing gear signal system had malfunctioned.
AVIC Xi'an Aircraft Industry (Group) Co. Ltd. said experts will be sent to conduct checks on regional jets operated by overseas clients.
The Xinzhou-60 model is the only regional jet in commercial service designed and manufactured in China.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Opposition Pact Purposely Exaggerates My Joke With Chew Mei Fun - Shahrizat- politic
- Petronas Unit, Pacific Northwest Welcome Partner In Canada LNG Project- business
- Lack Of Power Costs Mohd Saufi In Final Sprint- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Russia Slams "Biased" Nato Approach To Ukraine Situation- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution