WORLD › NEWS
Namibia Receives Good Rains But Some Dams Still Empty
The water levels at both these dams are zero, according to the latest weekly dam bulletin issued by the state-owned Namibia Water Corporation (NamWater) on Monday. Both the Dreihuk (0.8 per cent) and Bondels (3.1 per cent) dams, located in the Karasburg area in Karas Region are also empty, compared with last season.
The Omatako Dam in the Otjozondjupa Region is 5.3 per cent full, while the Olushandja Dam (Omusati Region) is 2.2 per cent full.
The Otjivero Silt Dam in the Omaheke Region, which is only 28.5 per cent full and the Hardap Dam (Hardap Region) with 37.6 per cent, are both much lower than last season.
The Swakoppoort Dam (Otjozondjupa) is 45.2 per cent full, while the Von Bach Dam (Otjozondjupa) is 47.3 per cent full.
Other dams in the country are now more than half-full.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kajang Voters Have Opportunity To Elect A Responsible Assemblyman- politic
- Petronas Unit, Pacific Northwest Welcome Partner In Canada LNG Project- business
- Lack Of Power Costs Mohd Saufi In Final Sprint- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Russia Slams "Biased" Nato Approach To Ukraine Situation- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution