WORLD › NEWS
Mumbai Police Display "Complainant Is King" Message On Boards
Authorities in India's most populous city are putting up the board in front of police stations in a bid to become more people-friendly and to improve image of the police force.
The boards tells the public the complainant is an important person who is doing police a favour by giving them opportunity to serve him or her.
City Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria has instructed for all 92 police stations in the city to carry the boards in Marathi and English.
Since taking charge as commissioner last week, Maria has vowed to have a service-oriented and public-friendly police force.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kajang Voters Have Opportunity To Elect A Responsible Assemblyman- politic
- Petronas Unit, Pacific Northwest Welcome Partner In Canada LNG Project- business
- Lack Of Power Costs Mohd Saufi In Final Sprint- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Russia Slams "Biased" Nato Approach To Ukraine Situation- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution