WORLD › NEWS
4.6-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Western Australia's Goldfields Region
The quake hit 30 km west of Kalgoorlie at 8:00 a.m. (local time) and was the second largest earthquake in the gold-mining town's history after a magnitude quake in 2010.
Residents in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Coolgardie and Kambalda have reported their home windows were shaking.
Ken Smith from Boulder told Fairfax radio that he felt the shocks when the quake hit Kalgoorlie.
"You could just feel the rumble keep running through," he said.
Geoscience Australia said the quake could have been felt by people up to 113 km from the epicentre and may have caused damage up to 9 km away.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Association Eyes 1.2 Million Tonne Pellet Production By End-2014- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Former Detention Camp Takes On A New Role- features
- China's Warship Arrives At Suspected Site Of Missing Malaysian Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution