WORLD › NEWS
Swine Flu Claims Four Lives In Syria Amid Crisis
Xinhua news agency reports Syrian Health Minister Sa'ad al-Nayef as telling local al-Watan daily that of the suspected cases, 11 tested positive for the virus.
A number of suspected cases were also detected in the provinces of Tartous and Homs.
Swine flu re-emerged in Syria after an absence of five years.
The return of H1N1 to Syria comes at a time when the country's security situation is deteriorating and fighting in many of the provinces is still ongoing.
Al-Nayef said his ministry has set up joint workshops on H1N1 diagnosis and control for doctors working in intensive care units following reports of swine flu cases in the region.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- All Eyes On Mas' Missing B777- business
- Chong Wei Toils To Make All England Final- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution