WORLD › NEWS
Beryl Wilson Austrade Scholarship Encourages Women To Enter International Business
Minister for Trade and Investment Andrew Robb on Tuesday announced Louise Clunies-Ross as the scholarship winner.
"This scholarship has been named in honour of Beryl Wilson, who became a pioneer of Australian women in international business when posted to Austrade's Los Angeles office in 1963, and then becoming Australia's first female Trade Commissioner," Robb said.
Clunies-Ross will receive a package valued at A$40,000 to help complete her final year of full-time study for a Master of Business Administration at the University of Western Australia.
She also speaks Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
Austrade launched the scholarship to recognise the achievements of Wilson and to coincide with the 80th anniversary of Australia's overseas trade commissioner service, the organisation incorporated into Austrade in 1986.
Austrade women today are responsible for overseeing key offices including in Washington DC, Toronto, Kuala Lumpur, New Delhi, Tokyo, Osaka, Moscow and Guangzhou.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution