GENERAL › NEWS
Sarawak To Have Second Hazmat Unit
State Fire and Rescue director Nor Hisham Mohammad said the unit would start operating on Oct 1.
"Bintulu needs the Hazmat unit because of the heavy industry that is developing rapidly in the Samalaju industrial park and other nearby areas near Bintulu town," he said.
Sarawak's first Hazmat unit based at the Tabuan Jaya fire station in Kuching, started operating in 2011 with a workforce of 32 and one truck.
"The unit in Bintulu will have a minimum strength of 33 and two trucks; the Malaysian Investment Development Authority contributed RM4 million towards the initiative," he told reporters after opening a Hazmat course here on Friday.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PAS Disallows Its Members From Joining Terrorist Groups- politic
- BMS Sales Optimistic Of Achieving Sales Target At CAEXPO- business
- Perlis UiTM Target 2014 Education Minister Cup Football Championship- sports
- Malaysians Are An Innovative Lot, Says Innovation Foundation- features
- China, Thailand Keen To Increase Bilateral Trade, Investment- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution