GENERAL › NEWS
IATA: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 Flying Over Non-restricted Aerospace
In a statement from Geneva, the trade association of airlines said: "Based on the information currently available, it is believed that the airspace that the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions.
"We extend our deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the passengers and crew of MH17," it said.
Foreign media reported earlier that a Malaysian passenger Boeing 777 airliner with 295 people on board crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border.
Flight MH17 departed Amsterdam at 12.15pm (Amsterdam local time) and was estimated to arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 6.10 am (Malaysia local time) the next day.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PR Heading For Possible Split Over Selangor Menteri Besar Crisis - Dr Hilmi- politic
- J-Biotech To Launch BioEconomy Community Development Programme In August- business
- Wei Feng, Liew Cruise Into Third Round At Commonwealth Games- sports
- Chuping's Changing Face- features
- Thailand Join Mekong Nations In Sealing Cooperation Pact With South Korea- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution