GENERAL › NEWS
Police Tracking Down Culprits Who Impersonate Government Employees To Rob
Penang Criminal Investigation Department head SAC Mazlan Kesah said the suspects, in their 20s, were active in areas in Seberang Perai Selatan (SPS), Seberang Perai Tengah (SPT) and Seberang Perai Utara (SPU).
"They ride motorcycles and are smartly dressed. They target on senior citizens and women who are home alone.
"They impersonate as employees, like from the Social Welfare Department, so that they will be allowed into the house and then ordered the victims to surrender their money and jewellery.
"They are cases of victims being injured," he told reporters after visiting a snatch theft victim, Sabariah Nakisa, 76, at her house in Kampung Bagan Buaya Changkat.
He said efforts were being made to track down the culprits.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Household Debt Rising In Thailand- business
- Roving Tickets Introduced For 2014 Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix- sports
- Tips For A Crime-Free Balik Kampung Trip- features
- Eastern Ukraine Conflict - ICRC Urges All To Respect International Humanitarian Law- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution