GENERAL › NEWS
Warning Of Strong Winds, Rough Seas Off Sabah Due To Typhoon
The typhoon was detected at Latitude 15.8 degrees North and Longitude 116.4 degrees East and had a speed of 20 kilometres per hour, the department said in a statement.
As such, the statement said, strong southwesterly winds with speeds of between 40km and 50km per hour as well as waves as high as 3.5 metres were expected in the waters of Palawan and Reef North until Friday.
This condition was dangerous for small boats, recreation and sea sports.
The department also said that thunderstorms in the waters of Bunguran, Reef North and Reef South were expected to prevail until Friday morning.
It said the thunderstorms could trigger winds of up to 50km per hour and rough seas with waves as high as 3.5 metres, and that these conditions could pose a danger to small boats.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Reach Energy Aims To Seal Asset Acquisition In 12-18 Months- business
- Muhammad Firdaus Discharged From Hospital Today- sports
- Tips For A Crime-Free Balik Kampung Trip- features
- 9th Stop Cancer In Africa Conference To Be Held In Nairobi In 2015- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution