GENERAL › NEWS
Man Held, Pistol Seized Over Firearm Incident
Miri police chief ACP Gan Tian Kee said today the 39-year-old man was picked up in Krokop yesterday as he had been abroad following the incident on June 26.
He said police would obtain a remand order today and were finding out whether the man had a firearm permit.
An SEB assistant engineer lodged a police report after the self-employed man had pulled out a pistol when demanding to know why the SEB staff were inspecting the electricity meter at the house and whether the accompanying auxiliary policeman was a genuine cop.
The man calmed down and left after an SEB staff explained that the inspection was a safety measure.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution