GENERAL › NEWS
KPP To Be Postponed Until Further Notice - Liow
Its minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said in formulating the new curriculum, the Road Transport Department (RTD) has undertaken considerable research and work in order to create a new KPP that would ensure a new standard for road safety in Malaysia.
However, he said RTD has been asked to undertake further studies to review the curriculum and its costs.
"The needs of the people are being put first but this has to be balanced with the safety of road users and as such, a decision on the implementation of the KPP would need to await the report by the RTD," he said in a statement Wednesday.
Recognising road safety is of paramount importance to reduce the high number of road accidents in the country, Liow said the new curriculum was vital to inculcate safe and responsible driving among road users.
"However, any cost related to the implementation of the new syllabus has to take into account the financial impact it will have on Malaysians," he said.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution