GENERAL › NEWS
Gaza: Unicef Calls For Maximum Restraint, Protection Of Civilians
Unicef executive director Anthony Lake said children bore the brunt of the worsening violence in Gaza and Israel, with at least 33 children killed in Gaza in recent days, and hundreds more injured.
"No child should have to suffer the terrifying impact of such violence. The violence is taking a shocking toll on children both physically and psychologically," he said in a statement made available here today.
Israel launched attacks on Gaza in an operation which began on Tuesday and the media has reported at least 121 Palestinians killed and hundreds others injured so far.
Mosques, schools and houses have also been destroyed.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Ex-Members' Judicial Review Application Withdrawal A Vindication For SUPP - Party Sec-Gen- politic
- Malaysia's Unemployment Rate Remains Unchanged At 2.9 Per Cent For May- business
- Commonwealth Games News In Brief- sports
- MH17: Learning The Ukraine Conflict- features
- Brazilian Red Cross Embezzles Over US$11 Million From Donations- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution