GENERAL › NEWS
Water Pipe Installation To Pulau Ketam Sees Leakages Again - Syabas
Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas) corporate communications and public affairs general manager, Priscilla Alfred said the reconnection of the pipe network which was broken by drilling works on June 21, was completed by the reconnection of the last pipe on July 11.
"However, during Syabas' tests on the re-channeling of the water supply to Pulau Ketam and Sungai Limau, new faults were found on the same pipe network but in a different location, again due to drilling works done on the same sea bed by a third party," she said in a statement today.
As such, she said water supply had not yet been resumed and efforts to detect the leak were being conducted by accredited divers appointed by Syabas before the repairs could be made.
Alfred said Syabas would file a report with the relevant authorities, including the National Water Services Commission for action to be taken against the third party.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution