GENERAL › NEWS
MBMB Launches Gaza Fund
The fund was launched by Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron at the Bazar Ramadan Mega, Jalan Hang Tuah, here.
Idris said aid from the fund would to a certain extent ease the burden born by the victims besides encouraging visitors to the Ramadan Bazaar to contribute to charity during the holy month of Ramadan.
"The people in Melaka too are concerned about the hardship suffered by the residents in Gaza and the state government welcomes such acts to help them," he said.
He said that the fund had so far collected more than RM12,000 from visitors and did not place any collection target for the fund.
He said that the fund would be placed at the bazaar until July 17 before it was handed to the national secretariat responsible for delivering the aid.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Abdul Khalid Says Respects PKR's Decision To Nominate Wan Azizah To Be Next MB- politic
- Bank Negara' International Reserves At RM423.8 Billion- business
- Najib Wishes National Contingent To Commonwealth Games 'Good Luck'- sports
- Designer Handbags Make Great Investment Pieces- features
- Joko Widodo-Jusuf Kalla Win Indonesia's 2014 Presidential Election- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution