GENERAL › NEWS




MBMB Launches Gaza Fund

MELAKA, July 14 (Bernama) -- The Melaka Historical City Council (MBMB) today launched the 'Fund For Gaza' to assist Gaza residents who are now victims of the Israeli attacks.

The fund was launched by Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron at the Bazar Ramadan Mega, Jalan Hang Tuah, here.

Idris said aid from the fund would to a certain extent ease the burden born by the victims besides encouraging visitors to the Ramadan Bazaar to contribute to charity during the holy month of Ramadan.

"The people in Melaka too are concerned about the hardship suffered by the residents in Gaza and the state government welcomes such acts to help them," he said.

He said that the fund had so far collected more than RM12,000 from visitors and did not place any collection target for the fund.

He said that the fund would be placed at the bazaar until July 17 before it was handed to the national secretariat responsible for delivering the aid.

-- BERNAMA





We provide (subscription-based) 
news coverage in our
Newswire service.