GENERAL › NEWS
Enough Fish For Aidilfitri - LKIM
Chairman Datuk Irmohizam Ibrahim said LKIM has temporarily frozen fish export licences during the festive season to ensure there is enough supply for consumers.
In addition, LKIM will focus on importing fish which are popular among consumers in Malaysia such as kembung, selar, pelaling, cencaru, selayang, keli dan talapia.
"Efforts to import fish will also be done with the National Fishermen's Association (Nekmat)," he told reporters after a dialogue session with Melaka Barat Area Fishermen Association in Kuala Sungai Baru, here today.
Also present were Puteri Umno chief Mas Ermieyati Samsudin, who is also Masjid Tanah MP, and Melaka LKIM director Baharin Omar.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Abdul Khalid Says Respects PKR's Decision To Nominate Wan Azizah To Be Next MB- politic
- Bank Negara' International Reserves At RM423.8 Billion- business
- Piya Denies Moving To Felda United Next Season- sports
- Designer Handbags Make Great Investment Pieces- features
- Joko Widodo-Jusuf Kalla Win Indonesia's 2014 Presidential Election- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution