GENERAL › NEWS
Gaza: OIC Urged To Set Up Islamic Army
The Malaysian Institute for International Islamic Cooperation (IKIAM), said the army could be mobilised quickly to Gaza to stop the atrocities of the Israeli army.
Its secretary, Mohd Shamsuddin Damin said besides diplomatic efforts and negotiations, the army would indirectly make the Israeli terrorists become aware that Muslims were ready to defend Gaza and Palestine from being destroyed.
"We feel this is reasonable because the Israeli army wants to destroy Gaza and the holy land of the Muslims," he said in a statement issued here Sunday.
Israel launched attacks on Gaza in an operation which began on Tuesday.
So far, the media has reported at least 121 Palestinians were killed while hundreds others were injured. Mosques, schools and houses have also been destroyed.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Abdul Khalid Says Respects PKR's Decision To Nominate Wan Azizah To Be Next MB- politic
- Bank Negara' International Reserves At RM423.8 Billion- business
- Piya Denies Moving To Felda United Next Season- sports
- Designer Handbags Make Great Investment Pieces- features
- Joko Widodo-Jusuf Kalla Win Indonesia's 2014 Presidential Election- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution