GENERAL › NEWS
Malaysian Indians Without MyKad Urged To Register Under SITF - Subramaniam
Dr Subramaniam, who is also MIC deputy president, said there was no reason for those who migrated to Malaysia before 1957 and born after 1957 to be without a MyKad.
"There are many Indians in Malaysia without nationality or with a red identity card," he said after the launching of the '1Malaysia Indian Community Health Programme' at SJK (T) Kuala Kubu Bharu, here.
At the event, about 50 individuals registered themselves to solve issues regarding their nationality.
Meanwhile, Deputy Minister of Education P. Kamalanathan said children would have no problem to register for a government school if one of their parents had Malaysian nationality.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Ex-Members' Judicial Review Application Withdrawal A Vindication For SUPP - Party Sec-Gen- politic
- Malaysia's Unemployment Rate Remains Unchanged At 2.9 Per Cent For May- business
- Nicol To Meet Jenny In Quarterfinals- sports
- MH17: Learning The Ukraine Conflict- features
- Ukrainian Cabinet Appoints Acting PM- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution