GENERAL › NEWS
Perak Umno Youth Holds Gathering To Protest Israeli Attack On Gaza
IPOH, July 13 (Bernama) -- A gathering was held by the Perak Umno Youth at Dataran Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) here Saturday night to protest the Israeli military raids on the Palestinians in Gaza.
The two-hour gathering which began at 10 pm also involved the participation of several non-governmental organisations. It was attended by about 1,000 people.
A 'Save For Gaza Fund' was also launched at the event.
Perak Umno Youth leader Hairul Anwar Mohamed said the gathering was held to condemn the Israeli atrocities on the Palestinian people.
He said the movement had come up with nine resolutions to help the Palestinian people which would be handed over to the Embassy of the United States of America.
They included for the United Nations Security Council to compel Israel to immediately stop its military raids on Gaza through a ceasefire and for a peace-keeping force to be there to enforce the ceasefire.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- LPI Capital's Pre-Tax Profit For Q2 Up 9.8 Per Cent To RM68.55 Million- business
- Malaysian Gymnasts Clinch Bronze Medal In Team Event- sports
- Turn To Homecooked Meals To Cut Cost-Chefs- features
- Kenyan Social Security Fund Grows Assets 22 Per Cent, Paying Contributors 12.5 Per Cent Interest- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution