GENERAL › NEWS
Dry Spell Affects 212 Farmers, Livestock Breeders And Fishermen In Negeri
They include 63 padi farmers (?218.4 hectares), 41 vegetable growers (95 hectares), one orchard owner (25 hectares) and 107 growers of cash crops (176.8 hectares).
"As a result, the state government and the Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Ministry (MOA) is finding ways to help them," he told reporters after opening the State Farmers, Breeders and Fishermen Day, here today.
Mohamad said the state government and the MOA was considering a proposal to build tube wells in order to help the farmers, livestock breeders and fishermen.
The MOA has has also set up a special committee to look into the matter.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kajang Voters Have Opportunity To Elect A Responsible Assemblyman- politic
- Petronas Unit, Pacific Northwest Welcome Partner In Canada LNG Project- business
- Chong Wei Sole Malaysian In All-england Badminton Semi-Finals- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China Worries Over Malaysian Flight Incident- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution