GENERAL › NEWS
Penang Umno Urges SPC To Approve Affordable Home Projects
Its liaison chairman Datuk Zainal Abidin Osman said the approval by SPC for the projects would enable the people in the middle-income bracket to have their own home.
"We want to build at least 2,000 units this year, on the SPC's approval, which took a long time.
"If the SPC through the state government can expedite the approval, we will be able to meet some of the demand," he told reporters after chairing the state Umno liaison monthly meeting here today.
Zainal Abidin said 20,000 units of affordable homes would hopefully be built in the state within four years, as aspired by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- 1MDB-Mitsui Consortium's Tender Complies With All Bid Requirements, Says EC- business
- Chong Wei Sole Malaysian In All-england Badminton Semi-Finals- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Pakistan May Launch Army Operation Against Taliban This Month- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution