GENERAL › NEWS
Penang Police Record Six Statements On Dog Attack
State CID deputy chief Supt Shahurinain Jais said they were still waiting for the Veterinary Department's report on the status of the dog's health.
"The dog has been quarantined for 10 days and is being monitored by the Veterinary Department," he told reporters after visiting the victim at the Bayan Baru Pantai Hospital, here today.
Shahurinain said the case has been classified under Section 289 of the Penal Code for negligence and the investigation report would be handed over to the Legal Unit chief on Monday.
In the 8.15 am incident, Badriah Hanani Abu Bakar, 53, had to receive 28 stitches for injuries on her head, thigh and arm after she was attacked by a neighbour's dog.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Opposition Pact Purposely Exaggerates My Joke With Chew Mei Fun - Shahrizat- politic
- Petronas Unit, Pacific Northwest Welcome Partner In Canada LNG Project- business
- Lack Of Power Costs Mohd Saufi In Final Sprint- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Russia Slams "Biased" Nato Approach To Ukraine Situation- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution