GENERAL › NEWS
Current Capacity At Klang Gates Dam Can Last Three Months - Ongkili
Speaking to reporters after making a visit to the dam here today, he said the required standard operating procedures would be activated should capacity reach the critical level.
"If the dry weather continues, water saving measures will have to be implemented. It will all depend on the weather over the next two weeks.
During the visit, Ongkili was given a briefing on the dam by Puncak Niaga (M) Sdn Bhd executive director for operations and maintenance, Abd Rashid Abd Satar.
Abd Rashid said the maximum water level for the dam was 95.2 metres while the critical level was 84 metres. The level today was 89.9 metres.
Capacity was at 72 per cent at the beginning of the year, he said, adding that on average, the drop rate during the current dry season was 0.6 per cent a day.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Wanita Umno Expands People's Connect Programme To Help Win Votes In Kajang- politic
- Pernama Targets Five Per Cent Increase In Sales This Year - business
- AFC Cup: Selangor Only Secure A Point Against Maziya- sports
- Retiring Poor Or Comfortably - It's Your Choice- features
- UN Anti-Drugs Chief Tells Uruguay 'Legalisation' Not A Solution- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution