GENERAL › NEWS
Construction Of Luxury Graves Is Haram - Indonesian Islamic Affairs Council
JAKARTA, Feb 26 (Bernama) -- Indonesia's Islamic Affairs Council (MUI) today issued a fatwa that the construction of luxury graves was "haram" (not permitted in Islam, according to Yunahar Ilyas, head of Indonesia's largest Muslim organisation, the Majlis Tarjih Muhammadiyah.
"The living can build graves for the dead, but these should not be luxurious," he said here Wednesday.
He said luxury graves only took up space that could be used by the living to build houses.
"Islam places more importance on the needs of the living than on the dead." he said.
The haram fatwa is consistent with the principles of Islam which forbade any kind of excess, Ilyas added.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution