GENERAL › NEWS
Chew Has Good Chance Of Winning Kajang By-Election - Tengku Adnan
He said Chew who was also MCA deputy president had experience as a representative of the people as she had been Petaling Jaya Utara member of parliament for two terms from 1999 to 2008.
"Chew is the best BN candidate who can ensure the party's success as the Kajang seat had been won by BN several times in previous elections through its MCA candidates before the opposition party ruled Selangor," he said.
He was speaking in a press conference after a lucky draw for the Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor Football League Championship Cup for Schools in Putrajaya 2014 today.
Ten secondary and 11 primary schools in Putrajaya are taking part in the championship which offers prize money of RM10,000 for each category,
The Kajang State assembly seat became vacant after its representative Lee Chin Cheh from PKR resigned on Jan 27. PKR has announced that its de facto head and opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim will contest the state seat.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution