GENERAL › NEWS
Syabas To Provide 30 Litres Of Water Per Day For Affected Families
A Syabas spokesman said consumers should understand that the emergency water supply was only for primary use and should be used thriftily.
"We cannot meet the demands of all parties, however, our water tankers have been directed to send the emergency water supply during suitable times that is at 6 am and 8 pm.
"Sometimes if there is a lot of demand we will send the water late at night," he told Bernama here, Wednesday.
Before this, consumers had claimed that Syabas was late in delivering the water supplies and that it was done at unsuitable times like late at night, and the emergency water supplied was inadequate.
Water shortages in several areas in Selangor was due to the closure of two Water Treatment Plants (LRA) at Cheras Batu 11 and LRA Bukit Tampoi which have been closed since Jan 28 due to ammonia pollution in Sungai Langat.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- 20 Freescale Semiconductor Employees Confirmed Passengers On MH370- business
- Kelantan Beat Lions XII To Top Super League Table- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution