GENERAL › NEWS
Sewerage Pipes Should Be Two Kilometres To Avoid Pollution - Palanivel
Minister of Natural Resource and Environment Datuk Seri G.Palanivel said fixing the pipes to discharge dirty water just above the river disturbs and pollutes the river basin.
In a statement Tuesday, he said in the United Kingdom, sewerage pipes are fixed at least two kilometers into the sea.
"When we visited the Batu Ferringhi recently, we found that the beach was polluted and the ecoli content was quite high.
"Car wash, laundry business premises and restaurants should not discharge dirty water into the river before treating."
He said the business outlets should build proper toilets and the water should be flushed into the septic tanks to be treated.
"Indah Water Konsortium and all adjoining outlets should not discharge the sewerage water into the beach front or rivers.
"Immediate action should be taken by Indah Water Konsortium to extend sewerage pipes at least two kilometers into the sea."
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution