GENERAL › NEWS
MMEA Foils Attempt Of Smuggle Seven Tonnes Of Oil Palm Fruits To Tawau
Tawau MMEA enforcement chief, Captain (Maritime) Anor Jaafar said the oil palm fruits were confiscated from a vessel at about 4pm on Thursday.
"Our enforcement officers were conducting an operation dubbed 'Operasi Pluto Timur' and confronted the boat. When inspecting the vessel, we found it loaded with oil palm fruits," he said.
Based on investigations, the oil palm fruits were brought in through the Malusi River Merotai.
The boat skipper, 25, and a crew, 16, failed to produce any identification and were detained to assist investigations.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- MAS Frankfurt Director Denies Rumours Of Service Discontinuation To Frankfurt- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Former Detention Camp Takes On A New Role- features
- China's Warship Arrives At Suspected Site Of Missing Malaysian Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution