GENERAL › NEWS
Mohd Shapian Vying For PSM Presidency
Mohd Shapian said he had his own strategic plan to revive the sepak takraw sport which had been languishing at the international stage for the past few years.
"Rather than allowing others to challenge me, it is better for me to contest for a higher post so that I can progress up the ladder.
"I have heard rumours that there are individuals interested in contesting the PSM vice-presidency," he said when contacted by BERNAMA, Tuesday.
Mohd Shapian, who is the president of the Terengganu Sepak Takraw Association, said he would meet with former players and state associations before making an official decision.
He had succeeded in helping the Terengganu team to emerge as the Malaysia Games (SUKMA) champion for two consecutive editions in 2010 and 2012.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- All Eyes On Mas' Missing B777- business
- Kelantan Beat Lions XII To Top Super League Table- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution