GENERAL › NEWS
China Sends Teams To Investigate Smog-hit Areas
The Ministry of Environmental Protection said the investigation teams had left for Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei Province and the surrounding areas, to review the local government response to the pollution, Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday.
The teams would also inspect major polluting industries such as steel, coal, chemicals, glass and cement, and check construction sites, the ministry said, adding it would publicise the identity of those who were found to be violating the production standard.
Beijing on Friday raised its alert to orange, the second highest alert level in the four-tiered system, after red, for the first time and advised schools and kindergartens to cancel outside sports classes.
Schools will be closed and government vehicles taken off the road, if the alert is raised to red.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- 1MDB-Mitsui Consortium's Tender Complies With All Bid Requirements, Says EC- business
- Chong Wei Sole Malaysian In All-england Badminton Semi-Finals- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Vietnam - Socio-economic Policies Must Ensure People's Basic Rights- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution