GENERAL › NEWS
170 Illegal Immigrants Detained In Operation At KLCC
Deputy Director-General of Immigration (Control) Datuk Sakib Kusmi said the 120 men, 46 women and four children were from Bangladesh (70), Myanmar (60), Indonesia (20) and others (20).
Offences committted include not possessing identification documents, overstaying, posessing false documents and unrecognised UNHCR cards and violating the Immigration Act.
The operation involved 250 officers from the Police, Volunteer Department, National Registration Department, Civil Defence Department and the Immigration Department.
Sakib said from Jan 21 to Feb 20, Immigration conducted 794 operations and detained 5,508 illegal immigrants and 59 employers .
"The were from Indonesia (2,156), Myanmar (786), Bangladesh (596), the Philippines (589), Nepal (355), India (276), Pakistan (242) and others.
"A total of 5,261 illegal immigrants were also deported to their country of origin," he added.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PKR Replacement Candidate To Be Announced After Meeting - Anwar- politic
- 1MDB-Mitsui Consortium's Tender Complies With All Bid Requirements, Says EC- business
- Chong Wei Sole Malaysian In All-england Badminton Semi-Finals- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- Vietnam - Socio-economic Policies Must Ensure People's Basic Rights- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution