BUSINESS › NEWS
FDIs To Malaysia Surge 25 Per Cent To RM38.8 Billion Last Year
He said the manufacturing sector continues to be the biggest contributor to the FDI inflows. The FDI in the manufacturing sector registered a 11.2 per cent growth to RM14.6 billion last year while that of services sector jumped by 42 per cent to RM11.2 billion, he told a press conference on "Malaysia's Investment Performance 2013".
Mustapa said the FDI in the mining and quarrying sector rose by 15.8 per cent to RM11.1 billion.
Top sources of FDIs were the United States, South Korea, the European Union-member countries, Singapore, Japan and China.
Mustapa expects the FDIs to hit at least RM40 billion this year.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Missing Plane Incident Won't Have Lasting Impact On MAS' Growth: Economist- business
- Victory A Tonic For T-Team In Coming Matches - Azraai- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution