BUSINESS › NEWS
Bill On Goods And Services Tax To Be Tabled In March
He said the bill was in the final stages of drafting and being reviewed by the Attorney General.
"We (the government)see the need to table the GST bill in the Dewan Rakyat this year for it to be implemented in 2015.
"Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah is expected to table the bill for its readings and debate," he added.
He told reporters this after officiating the "Malaysia's Goods and Services Tax: Possible Lessons from the United Kingdom and Singapore", here Wednesday.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced the implementation of the GST at six per cent, effective April 1, 2015, when tabling the Budget 2014 in the Dewan Rakyat last October.
The GST will replace the Sales and Services Tax.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Zaid Ibrahim Withdraws From Kajang By-election- politic
- Malaysia Furniture Makers Urged To Win More Furniture Market Share As China Costs Rise- business
- TSG Need To Improve Further To Compete Against Best Teams In The World - Fazin- sports
- Handicraft Maker Immortalises Sarawak's Perahu Tambang- features
- China - Lawmakers, Political Advisers cross Fingers For Missing China-bound Plane- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution